Friday, October 30, 2009

Grandma Ruffle

Introducing my latest cushion

GRANDMA RUFFLE..


I really should have taken this shot holding a broom or mop
or maybe even a vacuum cleaner...
As none of these jobs were started while I was
preoccupied with this gem...
And what a gigantic task this was...
But I am more than chuffed with the result...


Trying to take a pic thou was tad of a dilemma...
I wandered aimlessly through the house
trying to locate a item
any item that would...
One-look good and Two-be the perfect colour...
I had almost given up until
I stumbled upon a very old
and half string less guitar that the kids
had been mucking around with...
I do recall picking it up a few years back at a garage sale
and yeah! it fitted the criteria...


When all set and ready with camera perched on a chair and
hitching up my sagging behind
I waited...
You see although I had thought of everything
I could possible think of
I did forget one detail...
The weather!!!
You see it was in fact a glorious day here at the cottage...
Too clear and glorious I might add...
You see
Mr Vintage is now so shiny that when the sun shines
upon him he "bling's"
Not a subtle "bling" either
a very glary can't see a hand in front of my face "bling"
So I had to wait and wait and when I had almost
decided that today might not be the right day
to take a photo of the most
Wondrous "Grandma Ruffle...
It happened...
A big fluffy cloud strolled over from nowhere
and "click"...


I will be updating my etsy shop with this and more
in about a week...
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend
filled with sunshine
and the occasional white fluffy cloud...

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow! Now that is just gorgeous... and I'm loving all of your wonderful photos.

Beck said...

That is one fancy cushion! love the colours and photo's, very spesh xo

dottie angel said...

oh my god... grandma ruffle has stolen my heart and so has you wonderful pictures of her.
love it michelle!!!!

Anonymous said...

it is fabulous Michelle love the colours

Pomona said...

Lovely cushion - and lovely pinny, too. I want one of each!!

Pomona x

Leah said...

That cushion is fantastic! Im sure it will be a big seller, if you do one in blues/bronds I will take it! Great photos too.

Kylie said...

Loving the Grandma Ruffle! Very special. K

Blossomnbird said...

These photos are so fun...and your cushions super yummy!!

Quiltefia said...

Hi!! I found your blog from Attic 24. Have just made your grandma star!! Great toturial!! And this pillow reminded me of something I have seen long time ago in my grandmothers house!! So cute!!Is it ok for you if I write about your star, and link it to your blog?? AnneK:-) Oslo-Norway