Saturday, November 26, 2011

Grandma Rosie Rings...Tutorial...

Yes that's right...

My Grandma Rosie Ring pattern if here...
For all to enjoy this festive season...

Grandma Rosie Ring...

I have included a printable version as well...
Which is only in English terms
but the tutorial on this post will be in English terms with
American terms in brackets..


Requirements:
I ball of rose coloured cotton 2 ply or less...
1 ball of green cotton 2 ply or less...
(these will make several Rosie Rings...)
1 ring base
Super glue or very strong hot glue to secure ring to base.

Terms:
sl st - slip stitch
ch - chain
dc- double crochet- sc for American
htr - half treble - hdc for American
tr - treble - dc for American

To Start.
Using Rose coloured cotton...
Leave a "tail" of thread about 30 cm long to sew rose together.

Ch 31.

Round 1...
Working along these chains.
Miss first ch, 1 dc(sc) in all ch to end.
30 dc(sc) in total.


Turn work over.

Round 2...
1 ch, miss very first stitch that is directly under this chain.!!! 
6 htr (hdc) into next dc. 
1 dc(sc) in next dc(sc).

* Miss 1 dc(sc). 7 tr(dc) in next dc(sc). 1 dc(sc) in next dc(sc).* 
Repeat * - * to end...10 petals in total... 



The last dc will be hard to see... but just take your time... 


Sew and trim in this end... 


Now using tail end thread from the start...
curl and sew rose to form a pretty rose...


Leaves... 
Using Green cotton...
5 ch, join with a sl st to form a circle. 

Round 1... 1 ch, 9 dc(sc) back into circle. Join with a sl st to first dc(sc). 


* 5 ch.(working along these now) 
Miss first ch, 1 dc(sc) in next ch, 1 htr (hdc)in next ch, 
1 tr(dc) in next ch, 1 tr(dc) in next ch. 
Join with a sl st to next dc(sc).


* Repeat * - * to end... 


You will have 8 leaves in total... 


Sew to base of Rose...
Then using strong glue secure to ring base...


Take some time to let it set properly before wearing your Rosie Ring...

Printable pdf attached below...
Click on image and you will be able to go to my flickr page and go to all sizes and print
out a copy for yourself...

Grandma Rosie Ring Tutorial...

I hope everyone enjoys this pattern...
Please feel free to make and share
but I would really love it if you
credit me for the pattern...

34 comments:

Crissi said...

Super, thanks!!
Ciao Crissi

Unknown said...

Wow .. So much detail! Thanks for sharing.

Moois van mie said...

thanks ! beautiful !

Penny said...

Ooooh wow, thanks for the tutorial. Loving your new header too xox

Annaboo's House said...

These are just lovely and would make fab presents. Hmmm, actually I don't think I could bear to give one away!!
Thanks for sharing.
Xx

andrea creates said...

these are the cutest!
thanks for sharing :)

hooksandyarns said...

Very pretty - thanks for sharing your pattern. :)

Rosetta said...

Bellissimi !
Ciao

LadyBug said...

Uau! Adorei o passo a passo! Lindo trabalho

Amy said...

i love these! I think they would make adorable pins, too!

Jackie said...

What a great tutorial ~ Thank you so much for sharing :O)x

handysandy said...

Another great tutorial from downunder! Thanks and regards from Holland! Have a nice day, Sandra

needlekrafter said...

I have loved the beautiful rings since you posted them. Thank you, Michelle, for sharing how you made them (and beautifully done!).

Catherine Holman said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely tutorial. I can't wait to try it!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Michelle,

I love the rosie ring...just adorable. I've been crocheting for 20+ years. It's nice to meet another crocheter.

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥

Mereknits said...

Michelle,
you are the best! Thanks so much.
Meredith

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Thank you for this awesome tutorial! These rosettes are precisely what I needed to finish a doll dress for my mother. Thank you!

cristina said...

grazie per le spiegazioni
bellissimi i tuoi anelli e tutte le tue creazioni un abbraccio Cristina

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

Nice!
congratulations
hugs from Chile
c@
:)

mirsini's creations said...

WoW!!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial!!!! By the way i really like your blog!!!!and all your creations!!!!! You are sooo talented!!!!!!
Nice to meet you!!!! If i'll make a rose ring i will definitely credit you and your wonderful blog!!!!! :o))
Have a great week!!!!

Vicki said...

Hi Michelle

I am trying to purchase your Granny Stocking Pattern from your etsy shop but I can't find it went to ravelry and that sent me back to the etsy shop. I have purchased from you before without any problems. Can you please help me? Regards Vicki

Esther Aliu said...

This is a beautiful pattern, thank you for sharing it!

Puu Yui (Puma Yui) said...

Thanks for sharing and doing this wonderfull tutorial! I'm in love with those roses!
I LOVE small and micro things, so, i did some roses with embroideR thread and a 0,9mm hook. Also i added a crocheted ring to it to make more soft. I don't like those metal rings. =} it looks sooo cute!
hugs from Brazil!!

Händer på Haga said...

Very nice. I like!

Anonymous said...

Lovely <3 Thank you <3

flo said...

Thank you for this pattern! It's very clear!
I use it for many things, thanks!

Loves flo

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi,

Absolutely great tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a look at my blog I’ll be glad.

Hugs from Portugal

Ana Love Craft

www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

RachaBee Accessories said...

Very pretty ring! I love making roses like this to accent my crochet projects :)

also, check out my wire rose ring if you'd like!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102511778/eggplant-purple-rose-ring-wire-wrapped

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pattern.

Killa Joyas said...

Love your work, thank you for sharing :D

Killa

Angelique said...

What a delicate piece of art. Thanks for sharing. I loved the rings.

dancing-muffin.blogspot.de said...

What a wonderful blog,i am sorry to see not more from you,next time ♥
Lovely greetings from germany,
the dancing muffin

Craftin Mama said...

So cute! Cant wait to make these! Thanks for the share!

Ratatouille & chocolat said...

Thanks for the tutorial i have to try this flower. I made a bracelet with flowers too here http://ratatouilleetchocolat.wordpress.com
And i am crazy about your grandma all square blanket !