Thursday, May 27, 2010

All Swirly...


My it's rather brisk here at the moment...
Starting to rad the
winter pile of clothes...
Found my wristwarmers...
and lucky me
now have a cute short sleeve cardigan
from mum and dad...
The rest is pretty much thrifty finds...

I am making a swirly scarf as I think it would be a great project
for my crochet class...
Nice, easy...
can't really go wrong...
I am using 2 strands of yarn...
One acrylic
and one a bit finer and slightly fuzzy...
Crochet hook size 5.5mm
but I think a number 6mm could have been better?...
If anyone wants the pattern...
Check it out below...
But there are lots of swirly scarf patterns online...


5.5mm hook...2 strands of yarn...

Chain 190...
3 chain(first tr(dc)), tr(dc) in next and all chains to end.
Turn.
3 ch(first tr(dc)), 1 tr into same stitch,2 tr(dc) in next and all to end...
Turn.
3 ch(first tr(dc)) 1 tr into same stitch, *1 tr(dc)in next, 2 tr(dc)in next*.
* * Repeat pattern to end.
Turn.
3 ch(first tr(dc)) 1 tr into same stitch,
*1 tr(dc)in next, 1 tr(dc) in next, 2 tr(dc)* Repeat to end.
Trim and sew in ends...

If using only one strand of yarn.
Use a 3.5mm hook...and make about 220 ch to start project
or more if wanting it longer...

I hope this is easy to understand
as I have just thrown it together...
But it really is just a matter of starting out with a plain row then increasing...

Edit... Some pictures of the swirly scarf finished...

11 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits said...

SNAP!! I was just looking at one of those in a shop today and thinking I can make that :0 Just have to go thru my stash and finish a few WIP's then I can give it a go!

Amy said...

I consider myself a beginner and I could understand even with the translation (tr(dc)) etc. Thanks for sharing. Although it's hot here where I am and just getting hotter, if I start now I may have one by the time it gets cool again!

Sandra Bachiame said...

Ohhhhh thank youuuuuuu !!!!
I know what I am going to try next weekend!!!Jajajaja
Last weekend I was trying the Grandma's Tree, hearts and twinkle and it was wonderful!!!
Thanks for sharing again!!!

Bellgirl said...

I wish I could do a class with you! My sewing group friend has started to show me how to crochet, so far I have made a string ;)

Bethel of Bethania said...

Congratulations...
LOVE this scarf & the yarn you have used...
combining yarns gives such a different effect that can't be duplicated I think...
Good luck with your classes...
I agree this would be a great project...

Serenata said...

I must try and bookmark this so can come back to it in Autumn - looks just my sort of scarf!

knitalatte said...

The scarf is beautiful. Love the texture and the color combination. Looks like it would be so soft to wear.

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely lovely lovely! I just have to make a swirly scarf. I've got to have one and if I don't start now I wont have it for winter. What a perfectly timed post.

I love your blog, I really do, it's so uplifting and inspiring. I now have my own blog, it's very new and very empty but I have you listed in my side bar at http://thecuckooisaprettybird.typepad.com xx

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely lovely lovely! I just have to make a swirly scarf. I've got to have one and if I don't start now I wont have it for winter. What a perfectly timed post.

I love your blog, I really do, it's so uplifting and inspiring. I now have my own blog, it's very new and very empty but I have you listed in my side bar at http://thecuckooisaprettybird.typepad.com xx

deBBie said...

Really cool scarf and such a simple pattern..thank you.

sarah said...

Really Really cool scarf, thanks for the tut, I have just finished mine! :) Happy Days