Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The sky is falling...


This has been an amazing and exciting year.
My first major exhibition.



I have been fortunate to have so many wonderful family members, friends and colleagues help me get this all together. 


As an emerging artist, having the opportunity to focus on my new found love of oil painting and share these with visitors and clients at the gallery where I work has been nerve racking one minute and thrilling the next.


I certainly have had a taste of what artists must go through to put a large body of work together. 


For this exhibition I have concentrated on domesticated birds.

I have had a lifelong fascination and relationship with birds. As a child I would quite often wander off while looking at many a feathered friend.



Drawing my inspiration for this exhibition from the English children’s classic Henny Penny. Unlike the later, uplifting Americanised ‘Chicken Little,’ the original English fable, in which the birds are eaten by the fox, bears a stern warning not to believe everything one is told – to keep one’s head, or lose it. 


Hopefully I haven't lost it and will be able to continue on this new path for some time.


If you would like to see more of my works that are in the exhibition you can view them at Michaelreidmurrurundi.com.au



PS. Still happy to have a break and pick up the hook and yarn. Hopefully I can share one of my new patterns with you all soon.



2 comments:

Miko said...

Wow!!! Very beautiful paints.

Frances said...

Michelle, it's grand to see this post and to find out what wonderful paintings you've been creating. Even better to learn that you are having an exhibit. Best wishes for a fine success!

xo