Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Maybe he can take over for a while...

The weeks seem to be whizzing past at high velocity
with not much time for
crafty endeavors...

But I have had time to

"clicky click" 

a few happy snaps

to share with you all...

This first one says...



"My dears, I have missed you all.
please come for a visual tour of my new workplace"

"Would you like to read some books with me"


"maybe wandering around the gallery is more your thing?"

Bench Monday


"I know, you just want to sit and relax,
how about you find a spot next to me"

and after a day working and taking in the scenic gardens...

I come home


to
little "Lollie"


patiently waiting...

So while I have been busy
learning new skills and everything arty...

The tradition of crocheting is still alive and well at home


This is my sons handy work...


I am soooooooo proud...

Maybe he can take over for a while?...


Edit: I know this looks all a tad glam...
but in all reality I have dishes piled high,
10 loads of washing and folding, and I cant for the life of me
think of what to cook for dinner 90 % of the time...
I spend most of my time picking up, cleaning up and tidying up...
only to realize that it seriously doesn't make a dent in the chaos
that is my life...

This is why I have a blog...it is a place to escape to once in a while
and dream...


16 comments:

Luisa Holistic Massage & Healing said...

It is a lovely place to come and enjoy your blog, I really like, I am new at bloggland, hope that soon I can become a good blogger :)

Have a nice day!

Lluisa x

Anonymous said...

Love your glasses, v cool. Impressed with your son's crochet. I'm new to the whole blogging thing and laughed out loud at your bit at the end - I hear you! Heather x

Dorothy said...

What a lovely post. I enjoyed your workplace, your home looks so pretty and Lollie is just too cute for words. How wonderful that your son is interested in crochet - he did a great job on the scarf. xoxox

Unknown said...

I so love your posts and you always make me smile.... Just thinking what a beautiful life you have then read your last paragraph about the washing and dishes!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!! xxx ♥

Deborah Hamilton said...

I know exactly how you feel. Blogging and knitting help to keep me at least partly sane. Have a good day!

La casita de Maria Nancy said...

Un a entrada muy dulce,nuestros blogs son espacios para recrear nuestro corazón,adelante con los sueños!!!
Cariños

Lika said...

Love to visit your blog Michelle! Nice to see your son sharing your interests as well! He did a great job on the scarf he made. Love your scarf too, that would be a great pattern to share. It goes very well with what you had on my friend. Very pretty!!! I definitely can relate to having no fun hooky time and the demands of life's daily rituals. All the best dear and hope to see you again soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
It's so fun to have friends in blogland that you can relate to...loved reading your post. Thanks for sharing <3

Voie de Vie said...

Ah Michelle, reality is so boring sometimes - stick with blogging fantasy!

I think it would be *super* for your son to write up a few guest blogging spots about how he worked up his scarf. And, of course, if Lollie wanted to guest-paw an entry or two, that would be ok. :)

Marion said...

Dear Michelle,

thank you so much for this beautiful post...you make me smile...wonderful photos and your little Lollie is sooo cute...
I wish you a wonderful week,
Marion

Between Me and You said...

Only dull women have immaculate homes! What a clever and handsome boy you have - love his scarf.

homemade@myplace said...

Hi Michelle!!!!
Thank you for your nice invitation!!!
Hope one day one of my boys would love to crochet, too!!!
xxxx Ale

Mereknits said...

Lovely tour, and your son is amazing, great job.
Hugs,
Meredith

Carol said...

Well done lad! very nice work! Now get to with helping with the housework. Stat.

Debbie said...

Is the scarf you are wearing hearts? They look like it in the picture.

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

I like kaspars scarf, way to go!