Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A bit Twangy...

Not quite sure if my new hen 
"Olivia"...
Likes the melody...
But she was rather patient for me...


Harmony...


My Ukulele skills are rather basic
and a bit twangy...
To say the least
but it is lots of fun...
and the animals don't seem to mind...

It is still very cold here at River Cottage...
The last few morning have been down to
Minus (freeze your . . . .  off) degrees...

So it is all about layers...

Lots and lots of layers...

Sometimes I am surprised that I can move at all...

But I did persist and got some crocheting finished...

Babushka Darling Tea Cozy...

This is an order that I made this week
and so I put it to good use and took all of my photo's for the pattern...

With a bit more work I should have it finished by the weekend...

I liked how the two tone colour has worked out...
and I am sure that when the pattern is out
there will be many more interesting colour ways made by everyone...


So for now have a lovely week and I will be layering up and
spending some time helping my new feathered friends settle into there
new home...


5 comments:

Chaotic Crafting said...

What a lovely tea cosy! Wish we could send you some of the heat we have been having here in the states! Perhaps a bit of a trade off is in order!

Donna said...

Great photos! Love the crocheting too.x

RobinBrz said...

What a great picture! I just love you serenading Olivia with your uke! Absolutely precious! I must say I'm nearly envious of your need to wear layers - we're having a heat wave and freezing my ** off seems much more desirable! Another lovely tea cozy too!

Mereknits said...

Your new friend is very adorable and seems to love your musical skills.
Hugs,
Meredith

vintage grey said...

Love these sweet photos, and your new friend is the cutest!! Have a lovely week!! xo Heather