Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rolling Along...

I am trying out something new...

Rolling Along...

I am making a crocheted rag rug
Using old bed sheets...

Rolling Along...

It is so much fun...
But a mighty workout on the wrist and arms...

I have half finished lots of projects at the moment...
So unfortunately I have been rather a slack blogger because of it...
SORRY...
I hope to have some finished items by next week...

As usual I have run out of yarn and waiting on getting some more in the mail...
Hopefully I will collect some of it tomorrow...

It is always so annoying when you don't buy enough...
Something that I find myself doing a lot lately...
I really need to work on that...

I do hope you are having a lovely week...
and don't run out of yarn...

12 comments:

trudi@maudeandme said...

Looking very pretty so far. I love this kind of crochet as it crochets up quick - but I agree it is hard on the wrists!

Luisa said...

I just completed a rug and posted it today. Not a rag rug I tried collecting the fabric but it got too stressful so I went with crochetting a rug with sisel cotton twine. Yours looks lovely.

Allyson said...

I've been wanting to try this! How do you make the 'yarn'? Yours looks great

SelMama said...

WOW, what a wonderful idea!

SelMama

I wish I was a giant anteater said...

Ah what a great idea for old scraps of fabric! Very inspiring - I might have to give it a go. My previous attempt at rag rugging by plaiting fabric and sewing it together resulted in more of a bowl than a rug as I couldn't keep it flat :(

andrea creates said...

i used to make(yarn)rugs ;)
-this one looks great! love the recycled sheets....

needlekrafter said...

looks very nice! can't wait to see your unveil next week... hope that your yarn arrives. always look forward to your new posts. :)

Sandy said...

It's a lovely rag rug! I haven't tried to do one...yet. I don't want to get sore hands and arms though. I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts on your projects.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!!! I keep running out of yarn lately too.
it is very annoying!

Ribbons Undone said...

Oh yes, I've made a rag rug before and it is a workout!

Eileen said...

Great rug...

SewLindaAnn said...

I'm making my first one too! I'm using old curtains that are gauzey. I've been using Burt's Bees balm on my finger where it gets the most friction and understand the workout! I'm hoping it will help with the arm toning!