Thursday, July 21, 2011

Have you been Nana-er-ing too

I know that Kabeltrui has...

cushion cover in progress

I loved how her "Elmer" cushion turned out...

cushion cover side a ('elmer')


Fabulous colours!!!
and the back of the cushion is just as pretty...

Thank you so much Trui
for adding these to the Grandma Tutorial flickr group...

If you haven't joined the flickr group yet please pop over and join in...
I love seeing everyone's gorgeous creations and pictures...

I will be hopefully posting my finished socks...soon...
(I am saving that now so it makes me do the second one)...
I can see why there is a term called "second sock syndrome"...
How true...
I was sure that I would be so amazed to finish the first that I would just whip out the hook again
and start straight away...
But no...
I pondered...
I got sidetracked...
I said to myself that I had more urgent commitments...
Like classes starting back this week...
When really I was just plain stuffed...
It drained me...
Do you get that too?
The pattern was major I will say
so I think that didn't help...
But having said that
I do really want to see a matching pair...
So... head down... yarn at the ready...
Second sock here I come...

18 comments:

marianne said...

wow, how special to see my own work on your blog! I feel honored, thank you! i love the nana-pattern. ♥

xxx
'kabeltrui'

Paula said...

Beautiful!

PaisleyJade said...

Love!!

Lurdes Silva said...

Olá, ficou realmente um trabalho lindo, parabéns. Bjos doces

SARITHA@RAINBOWBUNTING said...

Just yesterday I made my first Nana square!!Kabeltrui's cushion looks so lovely.

Kerstin said...

I know that feeling. You must force yourself to get started. But then it´s fun again when you have two socks instead of one. Greetings from Sweden.

Anonymous said...

Now I need to try the nana pattern. Just saw your pattern for the granny slippers - another one to add to my to do list. Haven't joined your flickr group but will straight away.

Annaboo's House said...

Love those cushions.
Good luck with the second sock!
X

Allyson said...

Oh yes, I get that!I like variety, so I just don't have the motivation to do the second one. I have the same issues with sleeves! I also find that the second sock just doesn't WANT to be knitted.

Talking of nana-ering...the squares remind me of a blanket I made based on an Attic24 one http://www.flickr.com/photos/hooked_on_yarn/4502331936/in/photostream

Such fiddly little squares!

"Never Knew" said...

I have second glove syndrome. :-P
But your sock is really pretty... so keep at it...
Caz :)

Lisa-Marie said...

Elmer as in the mutlicoloured elephant from the books? The cushion is ACE!

Connys Cottage said...

great job.


hugs Conny

Leah said...

I love the nana squares, lovely cushion!

sukigirl said...

I've experienced second fingerless syndrome too. I think next time I'll work on both at the same time.

I loved reading about you in Mollie Makes magazine. It was such a wonderful surprise turning the page and finding you there!
cheers suki

Händer på Haga said...

Nice blog you have. Inspiration!

Studio Wien-art said...

Hi Michelle,
Wat a nice and beautiful things on your Blog. It makes me smile.
I will follow you now.
You are also welcom on my Blog ' Wien-art'.
Greetings, Corine

sukigirl said...

So sorry for the mix up Michelle. I had been going back and forth between reading blogs and reading the magazine that I jumbled everything together. I think it was a bit of wishful thinking on my part.
cheers suki

Crochet Dude(Rob) said...

cute I love the colours