Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting Organized...

This week it is all about getting organized...
And also about turning another year older...
(thought I would sneak that in)...

Getting Organized...


My crochet classes will start back next week...
With a new venue...
and lots of new ladies starting...
I am very excited about this...and can't wait to see how it all works out...

Yarn


There are lovely baskets full of yarn- yes acrylic...
but I will be adding some wool and cotton as well..
Plenty of hooks and bits and bobs too..

Granny Chevron Blanket


Above is a gorgeous Granny Chevron Blanket
that my Mum finished this week...
Made from 100% pure wool...
Oh My! it is so lovely...

Granny Halo scarf and swirly necklace...


and my copy of the Japanese crochet book arrived and I have been very busy
trying out the patterns in it...
This time I tried using a new Chunky acrylic that I bought at Big W
by "Sean Sheep" brand...It was a large ball of 200 grams...
It did crochet up very nicely
but I had to change both of these patterns to accommodate the size of the ply...
The head scarf pattern is amazing and I have made several to put in the shop...
and a few for myself...
I did use Magnum "super soft" 8 ply acrylic for them and they were very easy and fast to make...

Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post...
What a great response!!!
I loved reading everyone's thoughts on the subject...
and will now hold my head up high
and say "yes it is acrylic"...
and not be shy about it...

A very big thank you goes out to:
Who sent me a lovely parcel last week full of gorgeous cottons...
I can't wait to find a project for them...

and if you are after some yarn..
Pop over to this etsy shop too:
I have purchased a lot of lovely yarn from this seller and she has
a large amount of good quality yarns and fantastic customer service...

Till next post...
when I am a year older...
Keep up the Granny Goodness...

30 comments:

Aisyah Helga said...

Lovely & colorful yarns there you have! I love the blanket as well as the colors. Yay! For your mum!

Tania said...

Happy birthday, you Queen of the Crochet. May it be a day of acrylic yarny goodness.

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you get lots of lovely goodies. I had a birthday last week and got some gorgeous Katia yarns to make scarves. Great pressie from a very thoughtful daughter.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Love your crochet and yarn stash pictures, they always make me smile and craving for some crocheting. Enjoy your day! X

Grinny said...

Happy birthday from Lindel xxx Mine is on friday. I hope you get everything you want.

folk city said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Michelle!
-Heidi

The Stubborn Knitter said...

What a lovely blanket!I can't wait to make one of these for my baby son, due in September! And yes, it will be part acrylic, part wool!:) Enjoy your birthday!

CurlyPops said...

Happy Birthday Dear Michelle! I hope you can make it last for an entire week... I'll even have some cake on your behalf. Yummo!

Happy in red said...

Oooh, isn't that blanket delicious!!! Looks great!
Esther.

Kate said...

Happy birthday Michelle!
I hope its fabulous!
I love that photo of you with your rainbow of grannies to be. x

Petah said...

Happy Birthday! I love acrylic yarn, though the stuff from Spotlight often has thin spots along the yarn and feels awful. I'm really keen to try StyleCraft from the UK. How about your lovely colours? Are they a lovely yarn to crochet with? Would you recommend the brand :-)
Have a great day!
Chookgirl at Ravelry

Moois van mie said...

happy birthday!

And your mum's blanket is faboulous !

Penny said...

Happy happy birthday xox Love love that chevron blankie mmmm x

hooksandyarns said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Catherine said...

Hi Michelle, hope you have a beautiful birthday.I really enjoyed your previous post......very interesting.Here in Trinidad & Tobago we call all yarn 'wool'.Acrylic is the only one we have available here though. I love your blog.Thanks for sharing so much.
Catherine in T&T.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a lovely birthday & enjoy that basket of yarny goodness!

Casey said...

I want that basket of yarn!! I don't know why some people have a problem with acrylic, I love the stuff, depending on the brand, you can get some really soft yarn! if I'm not using cotton, I'm using acrylic!

Barbara Bradford said...

Happy Birthday.... Your mom's Afghan is lovely...

Bella Bee And Me said...

There's nothing wrong with a good acrylic yarn, especially when your on a budget! Hope you have a lovely birthday.

my4lilgirls said...

Beautiful post, that blanket is divine. Best of luck with your classes :)
Karen x

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Gorgeous basket of goodies and your mums blanket is LUSH! Good luck with the classes and your Japanese work is beautiful :-)

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday this week Michelle, Hope your class goes well, I wish I could join it.
Meredith

Leah said...

Hey Michelle, looking good! Best wishes for another year...nothing wrong with acrilic yarn I say, especially for blankets..they need to hold up to the wear and tear...have fun teaching!

michelle said...

There is such a stigma about acrylic isn't there? Maybe because we all have memories of bad acrylic from childhood that was so plasticky it squeaked.

Happy Birthday!

Dmarie said...

happy birthday & many happy returns of the day!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, sweet lady! Hope your day is wonderful!

Floortje said...

Happy birthday Michelle! You don't look a bit older that the last picture...lol. If you enjoy life and have it filled with granny goodness, age doesn't matter, does it. I love getting my yarn organized, colour by colour, creating my own rainbow. The sight of all this yarn together gives me a happy feeling. Good luck on your crochet classes, would love to attend one, just for fun. I can see where you've got your talend, your mum's blanket is gorgeous. Enjoy! X Floortje

catnap said...

Something about a tidy basket of yarn that looks so pretty and holds so much promise for good things to come. Must send along birthday wishes, as my birthday is this month also. Living in America, it is always a blazingly hot day. If it isn't a scorcher, but merely hot, I consider it a little birthday present. And there you are with your snugly layers and a blanket having a very different birthday. Hope it's a cozy one.

SewLindaAnn said...

Organizing is good for the soul! Sorry if I missed the post, but what is the name of the book you got that head scarf pattern out of?

Kylie said...

Happy belated birthday ;) Loving this chevron too. Kx