Saturday, February 6, 2010

Grandma's Gone Potty

Grandma Potholder...

This is my new ruffled potholder...
I will be putting up a tutorial on this very soon...
I have had it finished before the move
but now I just have to locate all the pieces of
paper with the instructions scribbled down...

It will be a very long tutorial and I might need to put it as two posts
as I really wanted to do it step by step for all the new
beginner crocheters to enjoy...
It might look complicated but really I will be making the steps very
clear and easy...

I have used the beautiful yarn from Debbie Stollers collection
which was just so lovely to use...
and amazing colours...

So please stay tuned
with hook at the ready...

and I hope I will have everyone going quite potty
over this one...

19 comments:

Unknown said...

That is looking gorgeous on your lovely table !

gregor78 said...

OMG, this is so, so beautiful. I thought I'd seen it all but never anything quite so pretty as that. Congratulations. If you make tutorial I'll be sure trying it.
Thank you.

Country Bliss said...

Oh, that is very pretty, I'll look forward to the tutorial.
Yvonne x

Anonymous said...

how wonderful! love your colour combination- very 40's.

Diana said...

Michelle,
It is so ruffley and gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it.
Nice one!
Di

med nål och tråd said...

Hey what a pretty potholder. I like ruffles, but I don't know how to make it. Looking forward to the tutorial.
ps I've become obsessed with crocheting the granny hearts :)

Artes da Cris said...

Cool. I'll be waiting. Love your blog! It reminds me all the things my grandma used to make...
Ana - Artes da Cris - Brasil

needlekrafter said...

what beautiful ruffles and colors! looking forward to the tutorial. thanks! :)

Jennifer said...

Very pretty!
theprairiegirl.com

Anonymous said...

waiting patiently ...lol

Svana Valería said...

this is gorgeous,such pretty colors
cant wait to see the tutorial

Louise said...

Looking forward to seeing how you make those ruffles! Louise x

Casey said...

I'm super excited! I can't wait!

Beck said...

Hi michelle, just popped in to visit and see what you are up to! I"m loving all your tutorials..if only I crocheted! Might have to take up that hook again...
I see you have moved! Wow. Whereabouts are you? River Cottage sounds and looks like a beautiful place. Hope the settling in bizzo goes super smoothly xo

GerryART said...

Whoa ! ! !
This is some kinda potholder.

So very delish.

Hugs,
Gerry

Kylie said...

This is so beautiful. I can't wait to see how to crochet that! K

Vicky said...

Looking forward to the tutorial, crochet is not my strong point but will give it a go.

dottie angel said...

oh i love her ruffles, i truly do, i'm thinking this may be the very thing to make me learn to follow instructions when dallying with Mr and Dr hook :)

Laura T said...

I was just looking for a tutorial on making a potholder. My grandmother used to make them and I would love to make them now. I wish she was here to help me. But I'm going to try your tutorial!
Laura T (Redmond WA)