Friday, October 2, 2009

Grandma Bunting

With thoughts of summer in the air
my mind started to wonder...
Firstly to the scary reality that one might have to wear swimmers...
Then my thoughts turned to crocheted bikinis...
Then to summer days and caravan parties...
Then to a resent drawing I did of caravans
with bunting strung up between them...
Then POW!!!
It came to me...
Grandma Bunting...


I know that at times I can crochet fast...
But my head with the idea of this was spinning
faster than my hands would work...
I hope you all love the result as much as me...
And hopefully I will have some more made so I can
put some in the shop...

I have a big weekend thou with a Rodeo on
and lots of people and more than enough to do
so they might have to wait until after the long weekend...

Which leaves me not much time to do anything
with my new "friend" Roma either...
If you haven't meet her yet
you can visit her on
Loving The Vintage...

I hope everyone has a safe and happy October long weekend!!!
With lots of relaxing, holidaying and seeing family and friends...

12 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Grandma Bunting is spectacular! I visited the caravan collectors blog too. You crack me up!

Kylie said...

This is fabulous! I LOVE it! Can't wait for it to be in the shop :) K

Betty Jo said...

Welcome new Ms.Caravan.
You are on a creative roll with that bunting. Very festive!

M* (Melanie) said...

Your bunting is beautiful Michelle. No wonder you got so excited! They look exquisite hanging there under the tree with your cushion. Such a lovely image.

Beck said...

I love your bunting, and Melanie is right on the money, it looks so gorgeous hanging in the tree. Hope your weekend is happy too xo

Anonymous said...

what an absolutely fabulous idea I LOVE Grandma Bunting

Unknown said...

that's cool ...

Nikki said...

You are so clever Michelle. I love the thought process and the end result.

Miss Muggins said...

It is to die for! (no old Grandma pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

your bunting is fabulous! such a great idea.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love how your mind works Michelle - Grandma bunting is awesome.

Celia said...

Please, please, please the grandma bunting tutorial soon!!!!!!!!
Please please, please!!!!