Sunday, July 5, 2009

winter and summer

Sitting in front of the fire in the bar...
I do get quite a bit of crocheting done...
well only when there are no customers...
like yesterday after lunch...
the wind was freezing and everyone was at home
in front of their fires I suspect...
In the middle of winter I have started
working on these very cute summer bikini's
for 'little miss" and my niece's...
my grandma made a set of these for
my sister and me
when we were about 7 and 8...
mum still had the pattern...amazing...
my grandma must have changed the pattern
as most of it I have had to change too...
the straps in ours were only lengths of chain and in the pattern
they are twice as wide as what I have ended up doing on these...
and the "cup size" in the book would have fitted me...
so more adjusting...
the bottoms are still in the progressing stage...(more adjusting)
so hopefully a pic by the end of the week...
now I just have to remember how I have changed the pattern
so I can make two more sets...
I really need to write these things down!!!
After finishing these I tried them on "little miss"
she told me how "beautiful" they were and how much she "loved them"
Half an hour went by, she came and cuddled up next to me
and said in her sweetest voice
that even thou they were "pretty"and looked just"right"
she would much prefer "pink"...lol...


4 comments:

Beck said...

How funny, that is just what I can imagine one of mine would say. "Mum I don't want to hurt your feelings but..." Anyways I think the top looks lovely in blue and I only wish I could be sporting one myself this summer! xo

Unknown said...

So cute , I had a set back in the olden days !

M* (Melanie) said...

They are beautiful!! What a great thing to make

Anonymous said...

oh I remember these my Nan used to make them for sister and I as well of lots of hot pants and tank tops with the big bright crocheted circle in the middle. your hair looks fab, I too went to the hairdresser the other day I only manage it about once a year it seems and with what it cost me I know why!!!