Saturday, June 27, 2009

So cold I have decided to just keep adding the layers
I had a great time op shopping
on Thursday and this lovely blanket was the most
amazing score
only $5
and it is so warm and so cozy...
I love it!!!

I managed to find the most wonderful pile of my fave
vintage plates and cups and saucers...
yes I was in true op shop heaven...

but back to reality...
i have to go to work and i would much really
chill on the verandah ...


or sit in front of the fire and munch on the batch of rock cakes
i made earlier...


this very old and crumbling cook book
is my great grandfathers...
and still has great recipes...
don't you just love recipe books that still use ingredients like
"lard"...

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

The Hills Hoist shot is a true classic...

Betty Jo said...

Rustic, charming, sweet and serene....I'd like some tea and biccies on that verandah.
xLiz

Tania said...

It strikes me that a good slather of lard would be perfect for a shivery mid-winter 'treat'.

Kate said...

Great blanket. I love old recipes too.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Michelle - your home suits your perfectly with all its vintage details - the Hills Hoist, the old radio, everything is gorgeous! I wouldn't mind joining you for one of those delicious looking rock cakes!

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic find Michelle $5 for that blanket!! rock cakes look yum and you look gorgeous I do love the way you dress, I use a cook book that was nan's and it is the best one of all with all those plain old fashioned recipes, just simple things like rock cakes that are sometimes hard to find in new books. My hubby showed me a wonderful caravan for sale on a website for vintage cars, it's in Sydney, do you want the link???

Beck said...

Not sure about lard...kind of freaks me out! But yeah, love those old cooks books. I have my nan's one with all her little comments in it. Your blanket is a beauty! I bought a similar one recently & I love the way it lies flat, unlike the granny square types. (but of course they are great too!) x

Angie said...

what a wonderful set of photos, love the op-shopped blanket & the well loved recipes!