Monday, April 27, 2009

Vintage plates


Here are some of my favorite vintage plates...
I have just bought a new J & G Meakin bowl
that matches the square plate i already have...
I found it on e-bay and was so excited as it seems to
be a really hard pattern to find..
I'm trying to get a mix and match of Meakin and Johnson
plain plates for everyday use and
it is really great when i find some...

My husband said in our next house (i so dream)
he will make me 3 kitchens...

A vintage one with plate rack and
curved timber shelves,white and pretty etc
just for all my "vintage" finds...

A seventies retro laminate one for all the quirky finds
maybe with that lovely shade of orange or green
they always seem to be in...

And a new one fully commercial with stainless steel
and plenty of bench space and cupboards...

It is a running joke in our family that I have never had a house
with a new kitchen...only old....and I'm talking primitive!!!
before we bought the pub we
fixed up the kitchen before we sold it...
so technically I had a new kitchen
for 3 whole months and then we moved out...
so I really can't be too upset...

And the fact that my husband
thinks up these things just to make be smile
is sweet...

Loving the vintage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI:



Do you sell the Pattern for sally sleeps a-lot?



Thanks

Janie

www.craftyjanie.blogspot.com