Monday, February 2, 2009

princess ballerina


WOW don't you just LOVE mail


a huge thank you to sarah-jo from ideyspidey
this amazing tu-tu is gorgeous
and "little miss"
thinks she is now a "proper" ballerina...

on the home front...

my sewing room
is in the hottest part of the cottage
and there is no sewing going on for now...

also the kitchen
so there is no cooking happening either
well that's my excuse for take-out tonight
and I'm sticking to it...

on the pub front

business is slow
very slow
i hate to say...
and unless a miracle happens soon...
we can kiss 6 years of hard work goodbye...
and it's not just the recession
it's a combination of lots of things
that are happening to country towns
right across the state...
i could write for hours about it...
but i really can't see the point of whinging...
I'm a bit beyond that point...

by the way please check out sketch
she has the most divine totally amazing
lino print of a vw beetle...
if there is anyone in your family
that loves vw's and
(usually there are some in every family)
her cushion with this print on it is a
absolute must....
check it out now...

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I feel for you. My family owned a country pub when the last recession hit in the late 80's, early 90's. I hope and wish that you make it through.

Diana said...

Your too kind. Love the tutu. I'm burning rubber on the sewing machine for the markets at the moment. I'm always panicking that I never have enough stuff. With the heat I haven't been sewing much either. I might have to space a few things out a bit. I'll be sure to send you pics of the vw cushions so you can have the pic of the crop. Good luck with the pub and I hope you can ride it out, six years is alot to invest.

MissyMack said...

Love the tutu!! Your little miss looks gorgeous!
And good luck with the business. I hope it works out.

Laurie said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your pub! Purposefully look at all the good things that come your way today!!! Like that adorable tutu...

Unknown said...

How difficult for you heres hoping things look up soon .Received your wonderful pattern this morning thankyou so much .
clares craftroom

robin laws said...

thanks very much for coming by to visit me michelle! those royal sisters are adorable but nothing compared to that princess ballerina ;)

Vanessa said...

I am so jealous of that tutu, you have no idea!!!