Thursday, January 8, 2009

fabric find

Came across some fantastic fabric today
at the most unlikely place
it was at a really unusual bric-a-brac shop
and they had a basket full of really
nice fabrics all measured and wrapped in plastic...
all be back to say the least...
and all these buttons only cost $2-00
love a bargain...
***
but of course on arriving home
I was slightly possessed
and sat at the machine turning
half of this fabric into a bag...
I even put a pocket in it...
I know I'm out doing myself now...

I picked up a few "cane" handles last time
I was at spotlight...
well they did have 20% off
another bargain...
now what to do with the rest???

9 comments:

Sarah-Jo said...

that bag is fabulous!!! love it!
great bargains :)

Jodie said...

Great bag and awesome bargain!!!

Anonymous said...

a beautiful bag (I love the other one too) wow you have been busy lately, the doll for Betty Jo is gorgeous!!!!

Cass said...

Love the bag and the fabrics you scored too

CurlyPops said...

That's gorgeous! Love the fabric combo.

Laurie said...

The fabric is wonderful and your bag turned great. You will be so glad you added the pocket. What's a bag without a pocket...

Kate said...

Great fabric finds!

Ruth said...

Cool fabric finds, and I love the bag!!

Ruth xx

Diana said...

That material is fantastic. Love a bargain. I own that second fabric in a top my friend made for me. I think she paid a pretty penny for it though. So well done bargain extraordinaire.