Saturday, January 17, 2009

creative block


In a attempt to sit down and get some
fete savvy items sewn up
translation (cheap,quick and sell-able)
I am constantly getting side tracked...
I say to myself
how hard can it be....
I look at my material,
I do a few sketches,
I take the scissors in hand...then I just
stare into space........................
And I end up with things like this...
a collage (of material and felt)...
I think it needs another colour boarder
the whites a bit stark...but you work with what
you have...
***
thanks to everyone out there who have been
patiently waiting for a post...
I'm finding creative block to be a
right pain in my b-tt...
especially seeing as though i keep
sitting on it...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I wish my creative block could produce results like that , love it .
Clares Craftroom

Betty Jo said...

In my humble opinion, the collage could be sell-able item . Maybe you needed a New product and it wasn't a creative block- just your brain going in a different "one Dimentional" direction.Try another!

Nikki said...

I'm lovin' the colllage thing. Also highly reproducable as a printed image (cards??).

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your collage is great! I like Nikki's idea of turning it into cards. I am just catching up on my blog reading - you have been super busy lately!! Love Prince hayden and his stead - too cute!