Tuesday, October 14, 2008

op shopping...


went to the local op shop today
and managed to grab a few bargains
little miss loves books...
oh well out of three kids
your bound to get one that does...
and as she insists on 3 books every night before bed
(secretly i love that time with her)
i need to update a bit so i don't get bored either..
i already have a snow white but i do like to get other versions
and i would hope that one day i can find one that
rewords the part about the queen wanting to (kill) her...
i change it myself when i read it to her but she is very
bright and likes me to point to the words as i read them...
i don't think it will be very long before she reads them herself...
and of course i hunted through the material but
(i sadly can up empty)
so i was lucky enough to find this little beauty hanging
on a rack....very vintage....
i really don't know what this fabric is called but lots of things
were made back then out of it...
it has a real weave about it...

and this gingham orange one that i already
know who i will be sending this too...
it has the prettiest crochet pattern of what i would call a
"my fair lady style" girl...
our op shop is very riffled through
as everyone in town goes there and
nabs the good stuff straight away...
but i think i was pretty lucky today...

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I also am always trying to find the "nice" version of fairy tales... they shouldn't have to know about the "k" word at that age!

I also love the top pinafore style apron... very cute!

Ruth xx
http://www.etsygoodness.blogspot.com

Kate said...

I loved Tootle the Train - we had the read a long record that went with it when we were growing up!

Bellgirl said...

I like the look of "Animal Daddies and My Daddy"- my Bug just wants me to talk about 'amuls' at the moment. Is that fabric called barkcloth? Great dress!

Betty Jo said...

We Love animal daddies and my daddy!
I get a bit uncomfotable seeing the pipe in Dads Mouth all the time though.
And Yay! I got the apron. I have a wonky pic of it on my blog, taken by my 5yo. Thanks again for the giveaway